Saturday, November 16, 2013

this past week...





11 mos



  • cruising on furniture
  • so close to walking
  • feeding herself and others
  • smiles ear to ear at her brother
  • in love with hudson
  • takes short naps during week, long on wknd
  • sleeping 12 to 13 hours
  • hates her carseat
  • says "da" "ma" 
  • waves goodbye
  • loves to sing "twinkle twinkle"
  • responds to "how big is Maggie? So big!
we are starting to plan magoo's first birthday...blowing my mind.  we're pretty excited for our plans, they're pretty chill, just like mags.  i can't wait to post photos and ultimately, celebrate this little chick's life.  she brings us so much joy


 2 yrs, 3 mos

  • officially entered the "twos"
  • loves to sing, "wheels on the bus" "twinkle twinkle" "itsy bitsy spider" "five little monkeys" and finally, "Rise and Shine"
  • loves to close his eyes, fold his hands and pray with us
  • repeats a lot of what mom and dad says
  • loves school buses, airplanes, trains and helicopters
  • favorite treat: chocolate milk and molasses pumpkin cookies
  • loves mango, pumpkin and peach veggie packs
  • wishy washy on bananas
  • yogurt is his absolute favorite - lime greek
  • claps and snaps
  • loves dance parties
  • loves his daddy
  • reads "good night moon" every night
  • rubs his earlobes 
  • working on sharing

this little boy keeps us on our toes.  i was challenged to do my research on the mind of a two year old as i was finding myself raising my voice and slow in patience.  a friend of mine, HVT, recommended a great book -  "Wild Things - The Art of Nurturing Boys"





                                   
this book has my attention - i am enjoying learning hudson's needs, they way he looks at life and having more realistic expectations of a youngster.   Kindle: $9.99 - it's worth it!






blue bird, the lone bellow

this week, mr best and i had the opportunity to have a date night in bloomington. since our concert wasn't starting until 9, we knew this was going to be a late night.  our good friend dc offered to stay at our place and watch hud and mags. 
we ate at opie taylors - bloomington's hamburger paradise - have we had better? yes but this little hole in the wall satisfied our beef cravings.
we walked to the blue bird and settled in to watch the lone bellow.  one of our favorite bands.  if you want a front row seat to raw emotion, christ-loving, great melody, or just down right art - you must check out the lone bellow.   http://www.relevantmagazine.com/podcast/lone-bellow 


                              


great night - loved sitting at dinner dreaming about our future, gushing on our kids and enjoying the time that we had together alone.  we ended the night at steak n shake and enjoyed chocolate milkshakes - a celebration of what's in store for us in the next few months.  i love this season with mr best - this poor man puts up with a lot and i'm forever indebted to him for his patience.  love my pal.


last night, i came home from work exhausted both physical and emotionally, after talking things out with mr best, i walked away and had some "me" time in the bathroom, simply just siting on the toilet lid (hey, we live in the city, room is limited) and i came upon this blog that a couple of my friends are following - i was blatantly reminded how bad i am at loving.  i'm feel extremely selfish with my love as though folks have to earn it.  totally goes against what i'm called to live.  the blog is called, "mundane faithfulness" -http://mundanefaithfulness.com/
 wowza!  this woman has the strength of a million men - going though cancer and knowing her days are numbered as in sooner than later and is totally giving her grief to Christ.

in yesterday's post, the part that really got a hold of me and slapped the silliness was this...

"The God given kind of love will never end. My love is limited and marred. My love is choosy and grumpy, and wants to withdraw when inconvenient, but the Love from God given to me to give pushes past those things, fills a love cup more full than I could ever imagine, and that love will go on and on and on far beyond my reach and my days. What if this kind of love can be given to me in the midst of my grumpy hungaries? Miraculous! In my own strength, I could never do that, but in Christ all things are possible."

lump in throat - shaking off my conditional acts and allowing Christ to pour over me - noted.

i'm planning on spending this weekend to be recklessly loved by Jesus that I love the unlovely, the unworthy and the child on the floor in an angry fit

He's still working on me...


1 comment:

  1. He's still working on me too...thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete