Thursday, September 5, 2013

thank you for slowing down...

so lately i've been struggling with managing my time between being a good wife, a patient mother on top of being employed outside the home. then there are days like today that i get to slow down, get on the floor with my family and soak in "our" time.

emails can wait. dinner can start later. baths can be skipped.


mkb (8.5 mos)

hjb (2yrs old)

nmb (best dad)







this evening, i'm going to dance to a little taylor swift while my son throws a normal 2yr old tantrum. give eskimo kisses full of snot with my teething daughter. listen to my husband talk about disappointments he endured today and be the ear he needs or as our counselor likes to say, "jump in the mud puddle" with him. 

i want to be conscious about being slow when it comes to my family and friends. as my dad would always say, "kimberley, life isn't a sprint, slow down, train for the marathon" well jkb, your words didn't fall on deaf ears - thanks for your wisdom.



things i digging right now
  • taylor swift, "red"
  • short caramel macchiato 
things i want to try
  • sewing
  • pumpkin spice latte (5 years at sbux and still haven't tried one)

No comments:

Post a Comment